Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Napster

I stopped hoping and searching for Napster replacements since about 2002(?), when there was all the legal crackdown, and the clones like LimeWire and Kazaa started fucking up our computers with all that spyware. I went back to buying cds the old-fashioned way (actually, I never really stopped doing that, because I believe in supporting the artists), and amazingly, most of America went legit too, as iTunes took over the largest mp3 provider. It didn't occur to me that there still thrived a small but tenacious movement of that old American dream of free music...until I checked out (via a link from Que-ni) a site called deezer.com. It's based in France and it's legality is contested...

which means a BOON for the little guy!

Anyways, it might be old hat for people who are more informed than me, but I thought it might be handy to know that the free music dream is still holding on by the skin of its teeth. Universal is revving up for a lawsuit soon, so now would be the time to take advantage of the resources.

www.deezer.com
www.imeem.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home