Sunday, March 23, 2008

Technical Agony

I am SOOOOOO angry right now, I'm see red every time I think of all the work I lost. On Thursday night I busted ass to meet a deadline, even though I was hella sick and tired of the project by 10pm...I skipped meals and showers and didn't rest my eyes so I could do it. By 1:30, I was ready to call it a day, and was shutting down the computer when...well. long story short, none of my work got saved. Ok, sure, maybe it's no big deal to lose 3.5 hours of work, but the real pisser is trying to write it all over again. I get so enraged when I get stuck and remember that I had the wording right before, but now it's lost forever. I literally break out in spontaneous bursts of beating my head and pulling my hair. Because of this anger thing, I've been working about 8 hours just trying to recover Thursday's work.

The only thing that keeps me sane is (ironically) Britney Spears. I'm listening to Blackout on youtube, and the critics weren't kidding back in October when they were calling it her best work. I assumed they were bullshitting because the bar was set so low, with Britney going batshit and all. But now I'm thinking I might have liked it coming from anyone else.

This sort of makes me want to buy Blackout, even though I almost never buy pop music, and certainly not until it's no longer current. I mean, it really was an amazing feat. Against all probability, Britney not only did SOMETHING, she managed to do something really good. I feel like I should reward that kind of effort and miracle when I can, because it's so unlikely. It's like when Haley's Comet comes around, you have to go see it, even if you don't give a shit about comets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home