Saturday, March 15, 2008

Losing It (Help Me?)

I never used to be at a loss for a word. If there was something I needed to say, I could always pinpoint the exact word I needed to say it. Months of dissipation are dulling my brain. The other day I couldn't for the life of me remember the word "parochial" until hours later, when I finally pulled it together while I was trying to fall asleep.

Now I'm working on a short essay for my freelance job, and the word I need means subjective, but it's the one they use when talking about a person's personal statement. Like: applicants are selected according to their standardized tests, GPA, and other [blank] qualities. Basically I think it's supposed to denote the opposite of quantifiable.

WHAT AM I GRASPING FOR?

2 Comments:

Blogger Cephalopod said...

intangible?
unquantifiable?

That's a hard one.

10:48 AM, March 15, 2008  
Blogger Rex said...

INTANGIBLE! That's the one.

Thx :-)

1:11 PM, March 15, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home