Monday, March 24, 2008

Holy Crap! It's a Civil War Reenactment!

My town is pretty eventful for a small town. There's a place on the main street where they put up banners for special event, and when there isn't anything special, they just announces the farmers market. It's like a town crier. On occassion, I'll see something that sparks my interest, but not enough to make me follow up on it....until today! Today there was a banner for the SCCWA's (Southern California Civil War Association) fifth annual CIVIL WAR REENACTMENT. How could I NOT go, when it's 5 minutes from my house? I'd be crazy to miss out on this craziness!

It takes place on April 4-6 (Fri-Sun). The problem is I'm going to have a houseguest until Saturday. Will I be able to convince her that this shenanigan is worth checking out? God, I hope so. Otherwise, I'll just have to go on Sunday. That'll be when the Confederates surrender, so it should be interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home