Wednesday, April 02, 2008

More Celebrity Sightings!

Yesterday was dinner and drinks in West Hollywood. I was walking to my restaurant on Melrose Avenue when I spotted a horde of paparazzi - my first. I was about to take a picture of them taking a picture of the celeb, but vetoed the idea for fear of being a gawker. The celeb meanwhile ducked into a restaurant called Comme, I think. I asked the paparazzi who they were following, and they said...

KEANU REEVES.

Two hours later, I left the restaurant, and the paps were still outside waiting for him. Rough gig. We had this idea that the tall Asian guy with us should start running away, with is head covered, while the ladies run after him yelling, Keanu! Then the paps might follow us, all the way to the exclusive club Area, and we just might dupe them into letting us in.

A good idea maybe, but we never tried it out. Instead, we waited in line forever just like the Nobodies that we are. We thought we had a chance because it was a Tuesday night, but it was still pretty crowded and exclusive. We waited over an hour outside (granted, 45 minutes of that was before the club had opened; we were unfashionably early). Finally they let us in...with no cover, by the way!

SAM RONSON was spinning. Her girlfriend LINDSAY LOHAN was partying with her. Of all the tabloid queens I could have been clubbing with in Hollywood, Lohan would have been my first pick! It was way awesome. It also made me feel a little smug: apparently famous people don't have more fun than me. Except for the not-standing in line part, of course. Area was a nice space and everything, but I've definitely been funner parties with better crowds. Ronson was a pretty good DJ, though. A teeny tiny person, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cephalopod said...

wow, what did La Lohan look like in person? Was her face all streaky and patchily orange? And did she look bloated? Was she drinking water?

10:36 AM, April 03, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home