Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Robert Kaufmann is a Motherfucker

I just had a flashback of all the boneheaded things he used to say as I was browsing through the old critical theory textbook we used to use. God, the man was an idiot. Moreover he didn't know he was an idiot, so that eventually I just decided to get through his class by keeping my mouth shut, writing down every retarded thing he used to say, and spitting it back out for the final. I don't remember what grade I got, but I think it might have been an A-. Because, you know, he thought his own ideas were so brilliant and rewarded regurgitation.

When I think back to past decisions, it occurs to me that I shouldn't have been such a good sport and put up with so much bullshit. A week into that class I should have walked out and said, Peace out I'm taking an independent study. Why am I so convinced that life is tough for everyone? In the Kaufmann case (and probably the current Jay Reed case) my life was probably difficult only because I didn't put my foot down and tell him to jump in a lake.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home