Thursday, March 15, 2007

Sore Throat

In case you missed it, I've been sick and tired for what seems like forever now. Except as of this morning, that sick has become literal. I was wondering as I went to bed last night how this all-work-no-play marathon hasn't broken me yet (and what would happen if I did break???). My eyes are withering in their sockets and my posture is atrophied and I feel dead inside. Back in my college days, I surely would have been bedridden by now. But somehow I'm still turboing through. I like to think it's because of the herbal junk I had to take this summer; maybe it really does make you stronger. Besides, I'd be in so much deep-fried shit if I drop the ball now.

Then I woke up this morning with a sore throat and an achy feeling, and I thought, Of course! - but I had to go to school so I went to school...

...so you can imagine my disbelieving rage when I get an email from my professor that I've been grading my students too hard on their papers. Little brats are lucky they got they're papers back at all! I barely have time for me, and I certainly don't have time to coddle their dumb asses this week. Not to mention that my class average was 85! I was ready to rip out the professor's spine for that. How dare he turn on me for taking my job seriously, instead of giving everyone an A. Yeah, I'd gladly blow it off too. I should be getting fucking medal because I didn't.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

feel better soon!

1:43 AM, March 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home