Thursday, March 08, 2007

No Reserves

Out of the 19 hours of my day today, I spent about 17 doing work (down time spent grocery shopping and showering)...and I realize that it's almost been like that since last Wednesday...and I'm still not close to finishing everything on my hellish to-do list. I did manage to write my abstract (!!), but teaching took a dump in my lap and I have grading, peer evaluations, and lecture all in one week (not to mention the writing of the new exam, which we finished on Tuesday). I can't drop the ball anymore on teaching, not now; and yet I'm so close to dropping the ball on everything!

Cut my losses. I think I have to take a personal day tomorrow (after teaching) because I'm so out of resources and there's no other way I'll fit it all in. I mean, regular classes and homework (except for prose comp, which dumps the whole week's work into each Friday) - it's one day, one assignment out of 30. The other stuff can't share the burden.

Holding it together barely. One anxiety-insomnia attack away from mayhem.

(Yeah, it's my problem, my time-managment issue. But I think the same OCD tendencies that (sometimes) enhance performance are hoisting my fucking petard right now. I should just know better than to try.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow - you sound like you're working too hard! I hope you get a break soon. Good luck :).

8:19 AM, March 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home