Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Wish It Were Done

I've been working on this stupid lecture for days...and a lot of it has been really, really pointless, like looking up images on the web and photoshopping them, or flipping through the whole of the Iliad for that one quote I remember from 3 years ago, or searching everything to make sure there's not an obvious contradiction to a point I plan to make, or hunting down the source for that old story that the sculptor Phidias modeled his Zeus at Olympia on a passage in Iliad 1 (turns out to be Strabo).

The first lecture is petrifying. I wouldn't want to say something wrong! I'm afriad I'll start repeating myself, so I'm trying to write out a detailed sketch of everything I'm going to say...and so this project will never end. One day it will take me all of 30 minutes to prepare this thing, and I will laugh at myself.

I'm crawling out of my skin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home