Monday, March 19, 2007

Something Once Happened in London, Ontario, After All

I just got back from a scary trip to London, Ontario, to deliver my first conference paper. The conference went well enough (I was told I did a goot job responding to questions), but it was totally in the middle of nowhere, and the heart within you just sinks to think that the world can be this lonely. Leaving London on the country road after dark, I was constantly nervous about missing my turn (the signs are not well-marked at all) and never finding the major highway again, until I drove all the way to the Pacific coast or got picked up by aliens or a cannibalistic cult. I can't tell you how many times I retraced my steps, just to make sure I didn't miss the road.

Then I watched Walk the Line today, which sparked a little wikipedia research, which revealed that London, Ontario was the place where Johnny Cash proposed to June Carter. Huh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Da said...

Wow, they had absolutely NOTHING to do, and he could think of absolutely NOTHING to do but propose to her.

8:19 PM, March 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home