Monday, May 22, 2006

Ethnic Difference?

I've had it up to here with the lack of clarity and and general pussyfooting in all my dealings with Job #2, ie the boss who won't talk to me himself and makes me communicate with his secretary who can't speak English. My brother suggested that it might just be the ethnic way of doing business, and that I'm supposed to play it by ear and adapt according to what I think is expected of me. I asked my mom today if this was the case, but she said no, my boss is unusually incompetent. Ha, good to know! My mom suggested that given this pattern in incompetence, it's likely that Job #2 will continue to screw me over, so I should make my own plans. But isn't that unprofessional? I asked; it's not often that I get a paying job, so I wanted to take it seriously. But I guess if they aren't going to be professional toward me, I don't own them anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home