Thursday, May 18, 2006

Complete Waste of a Day

I woke up early this morning to go to a meeting with my new boss, and then get my stitches taken out. When I got to my first appointment at 9:30 (after a scrumptious Sausage McMufffin with Egg), I found out that my boss had forgotten all about it, and so we had to reschedule for tomorrow at 9. Then I had an hour and a half to kill, so I did some work at Starbucks. Then I went to the dentist for exactly 2 snips of the scissors, lasting roughly 20 seconds. Some of the stitches had already fallen out on their own. If I had known it was going to be that easy, I would have pulled out the rest of the stitches myself and saved myself the drive.

The worst part is I have to do it all again tomorrow, except even earlier. You know, I gave up Alias last night for my morning meeting. TNT does this great thing on Wednesday nights where they play 4 back-to-back episodes of Alias from 11:30-3. Obviously I couldn't stay up until 3 and still make it to my meeting, and neither could I watch just one episode (like potato chips, you can't stop once you start), so I opted to miss them all...with great willpower, I might add. On the plus side, this means I'm allowed one excused fuck up on my new job.

I guess the other good thing to come out of all this is that I will wake up early enough to make McDonald's breakfast - not once, but twice this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home