Saturday, January 07, 2006

Bad Time

It's a mysterious thing. Yesterday I got together with the same group of people who before were So Much Fun, but yesterday's party, for some reason, was a Bad Time. Who can explain the whys and wherefores of a group chemistry? Just like the random good night out is a surprise, last night's carefully planned bad night out was a cause for bemusement.

It's not like people weren't trying; my friends are real troopers, and I appreciated that. Maybe we were too tired (if so, we shouldn't have gone to Denny's afterwards; but there's this thing that happens at a Bad Time where you don't want to give up until it's salvaged). At one point I thought, if this weren't my party, I'd be outta here.

Ach. You can't always get what you want. What an appropriate lesson to learn again in my aging years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home