Thursday, December 29, 2005

L.A. Confidential

In honor of Johnny Ramone, since it is one of his favorite movies; and I don't even know how I know that. He also likes B-list movies, I seem to recall, in the horror genre.

There was one fault with the movie, and that is that the revelation happens narratively, identifying the guilty parties by name, but at that point I only knew most of the characters by face. Other viewers must have had the same critique, because in the beginning they made a point of labelling all the major players. If I were smarter I would have paid more attention, alas. Nevertheless, I don't think I missed anything important, it just took me longer because I kept thinking "Danny DeVito" instead of "Sid Hutchins," etc.

The ending was also kind of messed up, vis a vis idealism.

FYI: I have this eerie eye for spotting extras. The guy who played the TV cop version of Kevin Spacey was Seinfeld's Lloyd Braun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home