Monday, October 10, 2005

Internet Radio

is my new thing. Goes to show that you'll try new things when your status quo sucks badly enough.

But herein lies the difficulty with the (so-called) new punk stations: they are so overwhelmingly mixed in with (actually, dominated by) what I can only describe as "crybaby" music. I CANNOT STAND the whah-whah-whining of the "cool" stuff that all the artsy college kids are supposed to listen to. They're wusses and party-poopers, all of them, that's all. If I wanted to listen to music to put me to sleep, I already have my Pink Floyd, thank you. Since when did boring-as-convalescence = cool?

So that's my choice: either listen to a punk station that plays Simple Plan, or a post-punk station that plays crybaby music. Well, it's a lucky thing the internet is so vast - something for everyone, right? The only challenge is that you have to go through a lot of trial and error.

So why tune into radio at all, some of you might ask, if you subscribe to that school of thought that has given up on the industry and resolved to stick to your mp3? The answer is this: I don't have nearly enough mp3's to keep me from getting absolutely bored with them within about 4 hours. So I have to hear something different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home