Thursday, September 29, 2005

I'm Afraid of Becoming Uninteresting, like permanently

1. I stopped reading the news, because for a while it was 100% Katrina.
2. I've stopped driving my car, because of the stupid gas prices; I've stopped listening to the radio in my car.
3. The radio stations I get are not stellar anyways; thus I'm less inclined to listen at all.
4. My clock radio gets zero signal, so I've started waking up to my buzzer; yet another avenue of news thwarted.

If there's been a decline in the quality and quantity of my blog posts, I attribute it, at least partially, to the fact that I've grown more and more out of touch with the news.

But beyond that, I'm afraid I'm losing all my interest in anything whatsoever. I don't know anyone, so there's nothing to do socially. I have no hobbies, so I can't amuse myself. Dating is in a slump from which there seems to be no discernable exit. And on top of all that is the sheer reality that I just don't have the f-ing time to do anything besides my schoolwork. So I'm degenerating to a point where I can't talk about anything other than some books.

I like to think that I had a decent mastery of the art of the conversation. But I have this fear now that I'm slipping into a geekdom from which I'll never be able to climb out again. When I manage to have social outings, which is rare enough as it is, it's always with my collegues, and so with this crowd we're always talking shop, and when we do manage to talk about something else, it's always gossip - naturally about the people we know in the department: you can say it's an US Magazine-type conversation, except about people who are far more boring and less beautiful. I hope that with time, but not too much time, I'll find some kind of groove to my existence. Right now it's shaping up to be Plato...which is exciting enough, honestly, but I would like to have something more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home