Thursday, September 22, 2005

Roman Holiday

Is it just me, or is that the slowest-moving movie ever? I've always said that actors are not artists, even though a bad actor could wreck a piece of art; the acting (or the directing) in Roman Holiday KILLED the whole thing, because everyone was just kind of mumbling, like it was all supposed to be understood in the gestures...but hey guess what, there wasn't any subtext! The only thing that made the movie worth watching at all was the setting. But that's just the thing about Rome: you don't need a movie to make it beautiful.

The love story was also pretty unconvincing. All they did was stare at each other with "meaningful" eyes. Take away the setting, and the romance actually looks pretty sordid.

* * *

Caught my first episode in this season's OC. It looks promising - not gripping like season 1, but at least interesting, which season 2 was not. I like how Caleb ended up being broke; a natural development for the Jimmy character, who was caddishly using his ex-wife's dead husband for his own benefit, as well as for Julie, who needs to stop freeloading off men. I've decided that Summer is my favorite character; they don't do much with her, but her occassional lines crack me up. Finally they stopped putting that bright red lipcolor on her. Finally Marissa's hair stopped looking so flat and nappy. Unfortunately, Ryan's hair looks foolish.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I laughed at your last sentence. It's looks fine to me.

8:33 AM, September 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home