Monday, April 11, 2005

My Ring

I finally lost my really cool ring, the one that was shaped like a coiled dragon, and that was always too big for my finger. I knew I'd lose it someday. It's like a metaphor for my grip on reality.

I feel like my world is closing in on me, smaller and smaller, until all I can see is the minutiae. I'm studying the wood grain. I need to go out and expand and see the big picture again.

It occurred to me a while ago that each time I've ever fallen in love, the feeling of love was always ALWAYS conflated with the notion of a bigger and more beautiful world opening up to me - in essence, the hope that there was something phenomenal out there I didn't know about yet, but could gradually make a part of my life. And I, I would fall in love with the messenger.

The dragon is a symbol for life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home