Friday, April 08, 2005

Pettiness

I had a great conversation with Vince T earlier today. I mentioned to him that I met a guy from his alma mater who got admitted to Michigan and Berkeley, a guy incidentally with zero personality and a total misanthrop to boot. Vince gave a "sarcasm" grunt when I mentioned the programs, and said, "That fucking pisses me off."

I like it when people can be expressive of their discontent - and more importantly, be honest about it with themselves - rather than pretending or feeling obligated to be happy for the good fortunes of a misanthrop with zero personality. A lot of us, I suspect, are too chickenshit about making ourselves look inadequate or insecure when we express jealously. Perhaps that's the underlying psychological explanation...but really, sometimes it just isn't fair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home