Wednesday, April 13, 2005

My Advisor Is a Hoot

I had coffee today with Marsh M, to say goodbye after a very meaningful, and sometimes disappointing (on his end), five years. We were discussing whether we should sit indoors for coffee, or outdoors. Marsh said that he hadn't expected it to be so cold, and in fact left his house today without a jacket. I concurred, and replied - pointing to my jacket - that I almost went jacketless today, too.

"Given my advanced age, perhaps some hearty young person would lend me her jacket if it gets too cold."

I never see it coming, but he always cracks me up!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny - I saw Marsh M today too. I was having lunch with my staff and RFs at the faculty club. I managed only a hello to him somewhere around the soup. I don't think he remembers me from IHUM two years ago.

8:35 PM, April 13, 2005  
Blogger Rex said...

He does remember you! I told him today that he inspired a friend of mine to consider - briefly - minoring in Classics. He asked who it was, and when I told him, he said he knew who you were.

10:03 PM, April 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home