Sunday, March 06, 2005

"...enjoy the pursuit of pleasure as much as the fruits of labor!"

From my wise man, Andrew WK. More following (from his website):

Question:
Hey Andrew! What's up? First of all, you rock. I've been to a couple of your concerts and they were the best times of my life. I do have one question though: My friend said you seemed like the type of person that would bite into a cat. I told her you were a really nice guy and wouldn't do that. Am I right? Well, I hope you respond to this. That would be awesome. See ya.
asked by ZMAN on Sunday, February 27, 2005

Answer:
Dear ZMAN, I would never bite into a cat's body, unless I was either: A) Starving to death and in need of pure meat. -or- B) About to be killed by a cat attack. If a cat was trying to claw my eyes out, I might take a bite out of it's flank, but first, it's much more likely that I'd slam my fist into it's face and hammer-hit it's head. In order to put the cat in a tail-spin, I'd grab it's back-foot and fling-whip it into a wall, or the corner of the floor. Then I'd probably stomp it's head until it's skull ruptured and it's bones exploded. But I would ONLY do that if the cat was trying to claw me. Otherwise I'd let the cat lay, and I'd stay far away. The animal that perches and sits is the animal I gaze at with wonder. I watch it as it lives it's own life; a completely independant reality in which this creature is itself - just as much as I am me. This truth is the answer to my confusion, and holding it close keeps me in line. Show your friend how to come into this space, and enjoy herself. Everything is happening! Sincerely yours, Andrew W.K.
answered by Andrew W.K. on Monday, February 28 , 2005 7:29 AM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or, C) if you are allergic to said cat and it was duct-taped to your chest...

2:37 PM, March 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home