Friday, March 04, 2005

Happy

I've been feeling really good lately - strong and energized and happy, and I'd almost even say excited, except that there's no real stimulus for excitement (other than life!). I'd been doing reasonably well in classes, I'm interested in my studies, I have promises that I will indeed have a future, I've been watching great movies and good tv, eating right, and most of all, spending lots and lots and LOTS of time with friends. This might be damaging my schoolwork a little, and yeah, I stayed up all night last night writing a paper and I skipped class today...but all in all, I know I'm not drowning, and it's been more beneficial in the long run to take in all that good company.

More and more I realize that I am not a machine, and I can't will myself into submission like I've seen so many other people do - brilliant academics especially. Since I'll never be like them, I'm learning to be better at taking care of my other needs. So that even if I'm not brilliant, at least I won't crash and burn. I'm an emotional person. I'm thankful for all the study-buddies, meal-buddies, OC-buddies, party-buddies, and linger-and-gossip-when-there's-clearly-other-stuff-to-do-buddies I've had during these past few weeks. They've helped me turn my recent tragedies into side-splitting, laugh-out-loud comedies.

That was a pretty boring post, huh? Well, even Coppola is capable of disaster, cf. the "Life without Zoe" segment in New York Stories. Accept that as my apology.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't apologize, Rex. Your post is light-hearted and optimistic, which, in the world of the blog, doesn't happen very often.

2:06 AM, March 05, 2005  
Blogger Rex said...

I once heard second-hand this quote by Marx, I think, that all good literature is about suffering. In which case, blogs rank the most supreme of all literature!

3:41 AM, March 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home