Saturday, March 05, 2005

Too Much

Okay, I'm done partying. Elsie G and I went out twice to the city this weekend with Deisy C with big plans of having a wild time, and somehow everything turned out to be a misconnection. Yesterday, I forgot to take my ID (motherfucker!) so we ended up at an 18+ queer club - which would have been fine, except there were a disproportionately large number of women, which is just as stressful as a club full of straight men, only more so when you're not lesbian. Also, everyone was under 18, I suspect. Tonight was just plain tame; I think our party had conflicting notions of "a good time," so that none of us really got what we were looking for. FYI, in case you ever take me out, my idea of a party sounds something like "Shut up and dance!" The funnest part of the evening was the drive home, talking with all the womenfolk about Buffy and the OC, among other shows. Quality time, though capping a mild evening.

I did learn one useful thing this weekend. It's an old drag queen trick, said Thursday's hostess: when you're on the dance floor and you want to lip-synch to songs whose words you don't know, just keep mouthing "watermelon." Works every time! Supposedly...

I also noticed an overlooked detail last night when I was telling Elsie and Deisy my Asshole #2 story. I said something like, "I guess he had a good reason for not wanting to commit! I couldn't figure it out then, but yeah, it makes total sense now." Elsie: "What was the reason he gave you when he said he didn't want a relationship?" I thought about it. "Actually, it was a load of crap! He was like, 'You seem really flakey, honestly, and I feel like you could take off any minute.'" Deisy: "You mean, like he was afraid that you were going to hurt him?" Me: "Yes! And then he said, 'But maybe you'll suprise me.' So whenever I felt ready to dump him, I would stop and think, no I should just wait this one through awhile..."

"That is such bullshit!" We all laughed til it hurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home