Monday, August 06, 2007

Last Tie Severed

My chances of going back to my Ph.D. program are even slimmer than they were before, as I got news from one of my friends still stuck there that my only faculty friend, Jim P, is moving to UCI in the fall. Which will leave perhaps two sympathetic professors in the department, both of whom are, let's be honest, crazy as hell. I had suspected that Jim might have initially turned down the UCI job because he felt the obligation to not to abandon me to that den of hyenas all by my woebegone self (I had said as much to him), and I always felt a little bad that I might have held him back from greener pastures. It looks like that won't be an issue any more. I was once told that most students find Jim hard to get along with, so it's possible I might have been his last tie to the program as well.

Stakes are even higher now for me to move into my next career. It's a good thing I scored a 173 on my practice test yesterday...!!! Although, that number is pretty inaccurate because at this point I've seen almost every test question that was ever printed, and now it's just a matter of if I remember it or not (I remember about a third of the answers I've already seen).

2 Comments:

Blogger Que-ni said...

The truth is that when Jane (Alissa's twin) took the LSAT she said that when you get to that zen point when everything looks familiar as if you have already seen it before, then you are getting to your maturation point. The hidden secret is that much, not all, supposed to be from memory.


so, congrats on your score!!!

7:53 AM, August 07, 2007  
Blogger Rex said...

Thanks dude! Isn't that nice to hear. By the way, did I ever mention what a big Jane fan I am? Such a fucking cool alpha female, like Alissa says.

11:55 AM, August 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home