Friday, May 11, 2007

Russ Meyer and the Killers

I was just watching the video for "All the Things That I've Done" on VH1, and I only now realized that it's based on Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! I was finally able to catch the allusion this time because I've done my research on Russ Meyer. There was a night a few months ago (back when I still had cable) when I saw that Faster Pussycat was going to play on TCM at 1:30am, and what with the violence and boobs, I was determined to stay up and see it. But it was a rare night when I was actually exhausted, and I fell asleep long before midnight.

Since then, I haven't been able to catch a showing. I know that TCM still airs it now and then, but I always seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It's my only shot, too, because Netflix doesn't carry it. (It also doesn't carry Attack of the 50ft. Woman, another title on my list. Or the Outlaw. Or Serial Mom.) Naturally I tried, but it turns out that Faster Pussycat is out of print or something, so the copy on Amazon is like $150. What a shame! I thought those days of special collections were long past us, with everything becoming digital and all. There once was a time when I had to hunt down a rare video store in Hollywood to pirate copies of bad movies, but that was in the last century. There's only so much effort you want to pour into enjoying trash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home