Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Out Here Having Fun in the Warm California Sun!

I'm embracing my new California existence. On Saturday I partied for Cinco de Mayo in Santa Barbara. On Sunday I went to an art fair, put my feet in the ocean, and then drove home along the most stunning coastline, on a blue and sunny and flawless day. On Monday I took a yoga class.

Is it just me or is yoga disappointing as a workout? I guess there were some pretty cool strength building stuff (isometric exercises?), but a lot of the "holistic" crap seemed silly. I remember the instructor said something like,

"Take a deep breath, down to your belly. Now move that air up, without exhaling, into your lungs. Now move it up again even further to your upper lungs, right under the collarbone..."

...and I was thinking, this is just bullshit! I'm more used to the ballet method; I just don't feel like I'm getting a workout unless there's a cruel governess standing over me rapping a cane and calling me a worm because I can't make my knee touch my back, or something.

Anyways, it was a fun weekend with the womenfolk. My friends gave me a lot of crap because they said they liked my mullet and I didn't believe them. They thought I was fishing for compliments.

1 Comments:

Blogger GyangBang said...

Oh I loved your hair Rex! :-P After pulmonary block, I'm not quite sure how you'd move air to the apex of your lungs on purpose, but maybe its some crazy yoga thing :)

7:59 PM, May 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home