Sunday, April 29, 2007

Brokeback Mountain

SNOOZERS! Nothing happens! People don't talk to each other (one of those movies that communicates through "meaningful eyes"), there's no continuous story line (more like a montage of scenes: mountain landscape, gay innuendo, rural depression (from my POV)), totally slow paced, AND it went on for about 20 minutes too long at the end. I could kind of see that tragedy of a doomed desire, but I get really frustrated watching people just shoot themselves in the foot instead of trying to do something to improve their lives.

Also, watching that man-on-man sex scene with my mom wasn't the least awkward moment in my life. (In my defense, it was either this movie or Cannibal! The Musical, as my Netflix luck would have it.) She questioned how appropriate it was for an unmarried person to see that stuff (the adult version of "aren't you too young for that?"). I thought of a good comeback afterward: it's not I'd witness anything like this in my marriage! I mean, I'm hoping...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home