Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Little Miss Sunshine

That was like the most tragic thing I've ever seen. I spent a good part of the movie weeping. But it was also extremely funny - the best combination! Greg Kinnear I thought was especially good in his role.

"Olive, come over here for a second? Come here, sit down. Okay. There is no sense in entering a contest if you don't think you're gonna win. So, do you think you're gonna win Little Miss Sunshine?"
"Richard!"
"Are you going to win?"
Pause.
"Yes!"
"We're going to California!"

Dad: "Olive, can I tell you a little something about ice cream? Well, ice cream is made from cream, which comes from cow's milk, and cream has a lot of fat in it."
Mom: "Richard!"
Dad: "What? She's going to find out anyway, remember?"
Olive: "What? Find out what?"
Dad: "Well, when you eat ice cream, the fat in the ice cream becomes fat in your body."
Mom: "Richard, I swear to God -"
Dad: "It's true -"
Olive: "What's wrong?"
Mom: "Nothing, nothing's wrong."
Dad: "So if you eat a lot of ice cream you might...become...fat, and if you don't you're gonna stay nice and skinny, sweetie."
Grandpa: "Olive, Richard is an idiot. I like a woman with meat on her bones."
Olive: "I don't...why is everyone so upset?"
Mom: "No, no one's upset honey. I just want you to understand it's okay to be skinny, and it's okay to be fat, if that's what you want to be. Whatever you want, it's okay."
Dad: "Okay Olive, but let me ask you this: those women in Miss America: are they skinny, or are they fat? Honey?"
Olive: "Well...they're skinny, I guess."
Dad: "Yeah. I guess they don't eat a lot of ice cream."

1 Comments:

Blogger GyangBang said...

LOL! I too saw LMS recently and thought it was funny and sad at the same time. My favorite though was when we finally got to see the daughter's "routine" at the end of the movie and all the family jumped in.

12:18 AM, January 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home