Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Willy Wihly

is a young Englishman, middle-class, mild-mannered and earnest, held down by his termagent wife. On his quest for a better life he meets other men eerily like himself, and together their stories explore the bounds between truth, fiction, and lying.

This is a book I had dreamed up last night, though in my dream I had attributed it to someone else (one of my professors). There were a lot of twists and turns that really did make you think about the philosophical status of truth as you read about these four young men - but now I forgot what they were. Without them, all that's left is a bland Charles Dicken novel, so that's why I didn't think I was compromising my intellectual property to post the synopsis of my story on this blog.

I just thought it was funny how in a complete, perverse absence of external mental stimulation, the brain resorts to challenging itself.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should ALWAYS protect your intellectual property!! hehe. I can't wait for you to write your novel.

Anyway, I'm off to the Maldives for a week. Can't wait to see what else you'll post, when I get back to high-speed internet.

Love,
HDG

5:39 PM, December 26, 2006  
Blogger Rex said...

Whoa, I thought you were going home...

8:59 PM, December 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home