Monday, December 25, 2006

When I won't hang because "I'm tired"

I'm probably lying. Empirical evidence has shown that tiredness doesn't do much to stop me from going out, except maybe those times when I haven't slept fro 24+ hours. But even then, it's a toss up; the time I went to see Old School followed on the heels of 36 hours of wakefulness. And it was worth it.

Twice this week I've blown off friends - friends I like seeing, and friends I don't see very often. So why did I blow them off? Four words:

Buffy. The. Vampire. Slayer.

Of course I said I couldn't go out because I was tired. What I really meant was, I'm too tired to PREFER going out to curling up in a blanket by the roaring fire watching Buffy nonstop and commercial-free until my head hurt. So it's partially true that I was tired. The effort appears overwhelming when you think of getting dressed and driving and socializing and being engaging and amusing when all you want to do is sit on your ass in your sweats with the one you love (Spike, in this case). But my dedication paid off: I've finished off season 6 last night.

Proof positive of nerddom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home