Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I'm Such an Asshole

I always say my students kinda suck, and there was one in particular who wrote very incoherent, disorganized papers - even though he tried really hard - and I used to wonder aloud if he was semi-retarded. And by "wonder aloud" I actually mean "laugh at cruelly." Well, guess who feels totally abashed now...

Dear Rex,

I just wanted to thank you for leading the discussion for Greek Civ this semester and learned much about Greek civilization that went past the common perception that Greece was simply the foundation of the democracy that we embrace today. I remember the first day of class when professor asked us what was Greece, and the only thing that really came to mind for me was democracy and Plato's ideal society contrived through the cross-examination of the Republic. So thanks again for everything...sorry I seemed a little out of it after the exam but had my calculus exam right before the Greek one so was literally out of it after finishing the Greek exam (otherwise I would have thanked you right after turning in my exam for everything). I also want to wish you the best of luck in your life and for you to never lose your sense of humor...that is what made this class so fun for me this semester. I am positive the comments that you wrote on my essays will benefit me in classes to come and hopefully I did make some progress during the semester with my writing ability.

Best of wishes,

The Guy Who Proved Beyond a Doubt That Rex Is Going to Hell

* * *

PS, congratulations to HDG, who's putting my evil plan into effect.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's sweet on you, Rex. And YOUNGER!

11:50 AM, December 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the PS, Rex. I am putting your evil plan into action. What will we do after we take over the world, though? =)

PS I landed safely, after an eventful flight. =(

2:30 PM, December 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home