Saturday, December 09, 2006

Borat and Other Divertidos

I'm thinking that maybe when January comes, I might reinstall my Comcast, as much as I hate those rotten mfs. Not having internet at home is creating quite the backlog with the blog.

Borat was about as good as I expected it to be before I got into the Ali G show, and my expectations went up. It was totally weird how they tried to make it reality show, but with a plot. You can only pick one or the other if you want it to make sense. If I thought about it more, I'm sure I could come up with a complex theoretical explanation for the status of truth and fictionality in this movie, but I honestly don't think the weirdness was a result of their trying to push any envelop. I think there were just too many different perspectives on how to make this movie, and the failure for any one strong vision to take over made everything discombobulated and a bit nonsensical. And it really didn't do justice to the kind of humor that is Cohen's forte.

Yesterday Que-ni had a great karaoke party. I think it was Electric Eye that tore my voice up, trying to hit those falsettos.

Today I had a ballet class in which the teacher made me spit out my gum. Unfortunately the trash can was overflowing with booger tissues from all the sick little kids throughout the week, and I couldn't avoid touching it, and now I'm afraid I've contracted some germs. I'm going to be positively irate if I fall sick from this.

On a happier note, the gnomes have returned my sunglasses that have been missing for a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home