Friday, December 29, 2006

OMG! It Finally Happened

I can't watch music videos anymore. I'm sick of them all: the endless assault of bikinis in the hip hop videos, the post-grunge whiny fashion show of the "rock" videos, Mariah Carey trying to convince us that her balloon-like limbs are something we'd want to see, ass-clowns trying to convince us that a little wiggle counts as "dancing," ugly people using some creative lighting to act like they're all better than us. Nothing is authentic, and for some reason even the kitsch has lost it's charm for me. I blame the videos themselves: I know this is a familiar tune, but I honestly think they're not as good as they used to be. How else could I get sick of them, when I haven't seen any MTV for over a month? Surely surfeit is not my problem. It's an actual problem with the quality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home