Sunday, September 24, 2006

What a Geekwad

Hi,
This is M___. I was wondering if you had any particular attachment to the reading for next Thursday, in terms of presentation. If you were just interested in the subject (love and sex) without any particular attachment to that selection, I was wondering if you would be willing to go on the second day of love and sex, the following Tuesday? There were some lines in the Thursday section that I thought would be useful for talking about Lucretius and the sublime, and I would love to do a short presentation on them if it makes no difference to you.

If it does make a difference to you I completely understand.

Thanks,
M___

Dear M___,
I'm sorry, I picked the Thursday presentation on the basis of timing, not subject matter; I have a test on the following Tuesday for another class, so I was trying to space them. If the passage you were looking at for the sublime is short enough, I could probably focus on the other parts of the reading, and save that part for your presentation. Let me know.

Yours truly,
Rex

The selection I'm looking at is short enough, although I don't have a text right in front of me to tell you which lines exactly. Do you think it would bother the prof to double up?

[Imaginary reply:]

Muthafucka, that's you're problem, and you should have cleared it with her from the beginning, instead of waiting for me to take care of it. Dumb shit, it's not my problem so stop bothering me.

[Real reply:]

Well, it's getting a little late, so I would say that unless you can get the prof's ok, and tell me what your passage is, by noon tomorrow, I have to insist that we stick with what we signed up for. I want to get cracking on this presentation.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude! i know! why are these foolios all over academia?! makes me want to run away and sell out - even to the pigs in dc.

1:35 PM, September 24, 2006  
Blogger pughd said...

Hey anonymous - it's not selling out, it's buying in.

7:32 PM, September 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home