Saturday, November 12, 2005

Welcome to the Dollhouse

I've been meaning to watch this movie for the past 10 years, and I finally caught it last night. It was so sad that it almost wasn't funny. Had I seen it 10 years ago, when I was closer to the protagonist's age, I'm not sure I would have found it funny at all.

I going to try to quit TV, except on Wednesday South Parks and Thursday OCs, because it's turning into a crawlspace by which I hide from the fact that my life sucks, and I'm not taking any measures to make it better. One of the things I need to do is finish all my work at least a day before; then hopefully I'll have time to think it over and be more excited about going to class (hypothetically). All my classes have been too easy I realized, except for Prof. Dick's, but that class is so impossible that I've resigned myself to the futility of even starting. But that's the second thing I need to turn around: I have to stop blowing off that class. Maybe if I start getting more excited about the material, I won't mind so much that I hate sitting through class and listening to the lectures (which is the same goddamn thing everyday: look at the ways in which Roman poets assimilate and reinvent Hellenistic poetry; and, here's a reductionist way of looking that this poem, but one should not read it like a reductionist. Response: do the words "duh" mean anything to you?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home