Tuesday, November 08, 2005

So Screwy; On Boundaries

This has got to stop. I'm living this totally amorphous life without any boundaries, which sounds really cool and bohemian in theory, but it practice it just plain sucks. Mostly I have no boundaries between night and day, because I sleep all the time then get bouts of insomnia; like tonight. I wasn't able to get to sleep on Sunday night after midnight, so I went through all of Monday, I mean really really painfully, in a haze. Then I crashed as soon as I got home, which was around 6pm, then woke up again in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep.

Other boundaries: meal times, because I eat all day long; work and play, because my weekends look just like my weekdays in that I barely leave my apartment. This is especially bad because I've turned my castle, my home, into my own personal hellhole and crawlspace. At first I started doing all my work at home because I thought, I love my home and it's so comfortable and convenient and has food and beverages and is way cheaper than going to a coffeehouse to work. But the problem with that is now I associate my home - my comfort space! - with work and punishment and shutting myself up until tasks x, y, and z are done - like some kind of Pit of Despair. And then there's no concept of reward, either, because after x, y, and z are done I don't go out, but wallow some more instead (at least, that was this weekend) in the same space. This has definitely got to stop. I think I should even put an end to reading in bed, because even my bed has stopped being comforting, and it's better to have that contrast of being uncomfortable while I'm doing homework, and then being comfortable when I'm sleeping.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

never take your work to bed. period.

2:17 AM, November 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home