Monday, October 31, 2005

More Nerd Behavior

This blog is exclusively turning into an account of things not to do; courtesy of all the unbelievable nerds in my department.

As I was eating lunch in the lounge today, this nerd, let's call him Rick, comes in and just stands there. "I should probably get to work," he mutters, just standing there. "Why don't you have a seat?" I say. "No, I'm more comfortable standing," he says.

No, dorkface! Has it ever occurred to you that it's not about your comfort, but that you're actually making other people (namely ME) uncomfortable by just standing there and watching awkwardly while the other person is eating? It was so graceless that I didn't even try to do the polite thing of engaging him in conversation (because I was trying to eat!!); I let him stand there until he got uncomfortable enough to go away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home