Saturday, October 29, 2005

My First Progressive

It's amazing to think that I've gone to college for five years and never been to a progressive, but when I sit down and try to recall, it turns out to be true. Tonight's Halloween progressive was my first, and it was a blast - even though it was just us nerdy grad students. One of my friends went as a blue-painted Smurf. Another one hooked up with an ugly chick. And I bonded really well with my new lesbian friend (best kept secret: lesbians are funnest people to go out with*), plus I met a doctor. Not a med student, and not a resident, but a real live full doctor...who graduated from my alma mater...who's from my home town, almost. I imagine he'll be a fascist as doctors tend to be. We'll see.

* an offensively sweeping generalization, I'm sure. My experience is with lesbians in a couple, and I can't speak for the others. Lesbians (those who are taken) are fun to go out with because they aren't trying to hook up with men or be competitive with you, but they're totally in the groove with the girls. And when they bring their partner out with them to parties, it doesn't feel like some mook is tagging along and not belonging; so the more really is the merrier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home