Tuesday, November 08, 2005

50 First Dates

That was actually a pretty good movie. I thought it was going to be more gag-based, because I misunderstood the premise as being a case of only the short-term memory being gone, so that after Adam Sandler weathered through the first 50 days, he'd be in the clear and stored in Drew Barrymore's long-term memory, and all would live happily ever after. The actual premise of the movie is a lot more realistic than that, and a bit of a tragicomedy. However, all the schticks that are present in every Adam Sandler movie - like, the manly chick archetype, the Rob Schneider archetype, etc. - prevents one from taking this movie too seriously, which is kind of a shame.

* * *

On a totally tangential note, I have to say that I'm kind of getting tired of w. guys, ie the Hegemony. They can be such pompous idiots. I was at the post office today, and in my haste I just went up to the front dest and said I needed a next-day delivery, without filling out the Express Mail label. The lame postal worker just raised his arm and pointed, all solemn-like. What the fuck does that even mean?? I didn't say this, but I made the gesture (hands thrown up in exasperation) and rolled my eyes, and only then did he do the normal human thing of actually telling me that I needed to fill out the label. Like I was supposed to just guess from his pointing at me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home