Sunday, November 20, 2005

My Cousin Vinny

Great movie! Somehow an amalgamation of stereotypes - the Southern stereotypes, the Jersey girl stereotype, the Joe Pesci stereotype - came together as something quite original. Watching it side by side with Legally Blonde, which was playing at the same time, I realized that My Cousin Vinny is much better crafted, and its character development even is more interesting. One could argue that this courtroom drama was already done by Twelve Angry Men, but let me remind that person that Twelve Angry Men is hella boring, IMO. Fine performance from Marissa Tomei - I can see what George Costanza likes about her ("ma" + "newer" = "manure").

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

- Youths.
- Yutes?

Ha ha. Good movie.

5:52 PM, November 20, 2005  
Blogger Rex said...

Yutes! If I ever start a band, that would be number 2 on my top names - the first being, of course, The No-Talent Ass Clowns.

8:39 PM, November 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home