Monday, April 18, 2005

Santa Cruz

I love that town so much. Surfing there this weekend - floating on my board while I gazed at the bright skyline and the blooming cliffs - I almost dissolved into tears, it was so beautiful. I was so absorbed in thinking how much I'd miss it, and storing up its image in my heart, that I actually missed a pretty good set of waves (thereby marring one of my last surfing experiences for the next few years, dammit).

I want to live in Santa Cruz one day. I want to work toward making that happen.

I'm still deliciously ocean-sore, and it's difficult to walk.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't Santa Cruz have a UC?

12:30 PM, April 19, 2005  
Blogger Rex said...

Yes. I was actually thinking about that very thing.

4:57 PM, April 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of the happiest moments in my life have been when I was surfing near Santa Cruz--I was just a bit further south (Manresa State Beach). You will always miss it for sure. However, my memories of surf and sand remain vivid, unlike most of the memories that fade like a wave after it breaks on the sand.

8:20 AM, April 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home