Wednesday, October 31, 2007

One Interesting Lesson to Salvage an Uninteresting Task

As I climb back onto the LSAT horse, I've been erasing the work I did in my old books. Foolishly, I didn't think to make copies before I wrote on the exercises. And since the books I had are the most recent publications, there didn't seem to be much point to buying new ones (either less recent, or else exactly the same as mine). Thus I undertook the incredibly dull and surprisingly difficult task of erasing. I've been making use of the time I spend on the trains and subway to work - thus ensuring my place among the "eccentrics" of public transportation.

One and only one mildly worthwhile observation rescues some meaning to the work: by far, the questions I miss most are the ones whose answers are supposed to be A. This means that my eye basically skips over all the A options, and by the time I finish reading all the others, a choice like E starts to look right. The lesson to take away from this is to exercise greater vigilance at that middle point in the question, rather than rushing to get to the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home