Thursday, May 17, 2007

God, I Hate Geeks!

There's a girl in my class who starts answering your questions before the teacher can give you his explanation. This was the very girl who had the nerve to say to me, "I'm sorry, but I find your gum distracting."

I know not everyone likes the gum, but you know what? It's none of their fucking business! Geeks bother me too, but you don't see me going around asking them to take the stick out of their ass. I was on the brink of saying, "Hey, you know what I find distracting is when students answer my questions instead of the teacher," but I didn't because there was a dead silence in the class and I didn't want to make a scene. That's the thing about geeks: they have no class and they don't appreciate that other people's class is the only thing standing between them and an hourly ass-kicking, or constant public humiliation.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bob Dively said...

I once had a class with a guy who did the exact same thing. The truly ridiculous thing was that after he was finished holding forth, he'd take notes on what he'd just said.

However, as much as I loathed this particular Poindexter, my real anger was reserved for the teacher, who should have been in control of the situation and should have told the guy not to interrupt. My parents were paying a lot of money for me to listen to the teacher, not Mr. Poor Impulse Control.

10:35 PM, May 17, 2007  
Blogger Rex said...

Word!

I love it: taking notes on your own lecture! I'll have to include that in my great American novel.

1:45 AM, May 18, 2007  
Blogger Da said...

fuck her. i would have told her off:

i don't care that my gum is distracting to you; it helps me concentrate. you can sit farther away from me next time. also, i'm paying money to listen to the teacher's answer, not to have you waste my time. thanks.

2:44 PM, May 18, 2007  
Blogger Rex said...

That sounds both civil and bitchy. I suppose Geek and I will have to tango again on Tuesday, when I will be sure to have some gum on me.

4:55 PM, May 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home