Monday, May 28, 2007

Dead End

I was researching markets for the magainze freelance writer, and I think I have to conclude that it isn't for me. That really bites. I simply don't have anything to say to the 50+ crowd, which constitutes most of the magazine reading base. I have no field of expertise (like, say, investing advice). All I have to offer is my witty commentary and hip perspective, but the only presses that would run those kind of stories are broke-ass and competitive, because they have no stable readership. Boo. I guess the sensible thing to do now would be to admit the conclusion of that chapter and look for more promising avenues for my writing. I know that if it's meant to be, I will get some kind sign that I have the tiniest reason to hope for success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home