Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Nightmare

I just had the most disturbing and ill-omened set of dreams. First I witnessed someone performing some kind of a disembowling surgical procedure on himself (local anesthesia). As I was watching him cut open his torso and pull out his intestines, I felt my mouth fill with vomit...but then the dream did that switcheroo thing, and suddenly I had the sense that the junk in my mouth was not vomit at all, but a bite I had taken out of the intestines lying in front of me. I had enough sense not to ingest it, luckily, but the whole set-up was close enough to an eating dream to cause some concern.

Then I had the public nudity dream, but this one was unusual because my nudity was noticed by others, and I wasn't taking a crap. What had happened was that someone stole my clothes while I was in the shower. As I ran after the thief naked, hiding behind doors and nooks where I could, I had to stop...because I started giving birth!

This is the worst episode of all! It was like a 20-pound baby followed by a placenta that was the size and weight of a bowling ball. In the rules of the dream, the baby's survival depended on a timely removal from the placenta, and because I had no midwife and didn't know how to cut umbilical cord, the baby ended up dying within minutes.

Anyways, I write about this here because the dream was bad enough to convince me not to leave my house today, so I imagine I won't have anything else to write about.

3 Comments:

Blogger Da said...

Removing baby from placenta: clamps (2), cut in between.

7:53 AM, May 24, 2007  
Blogger Que-ni said...

Wow! Oh, I hear Eli Roth is looking for an assistant.

12:20 PM, May 24, 2007  
Blogger Rex said...

Well, seeing that I was stark naked, I suppose I would have had to cut the umbilical cord with my teeth. I think Eli Roth would like that even better.

4:18 PM, May 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home