Friday, August 11, 2006

A Beavis and Butthead Moment

1. Hinder, Lips of an Angel
Unbelievable that this is getting airplay - albeit VH1, big surprise. Hello 1988! Every time you think there's no more market for hair metal...

2. Fergie, London Bridge
A current dance favorite. I like a lot of pop music, but I don't follow it in a strenuous academic way; thus, I've been hearing this song for a while and loving it, without knowing who it was.

3. Justin Timberlake, Sexyback
Same deal as London Bridge, loved the song and didn't know it was Justin Timberlake. Is it possible to hear this song and NOT dance?

4. Kelis, Bossy
I love the idea of a tough diva. Too often you see female artists making themselves into these weak and frivolous plastic toys in their efforts to sell sex.

5. Beyonce, Deja Vu
Big disappointment. Beyonce can dance, but she needs to get herself a new choreographer. And, I think she's singing outside her optimum range in this song. And, she looks like crackhead in the video.

6. Cherish, Do It to It
I know this song is kinda old now, but I think the video is great. The story is one of those house-party-while-the-parents-are-away stories, popularized in 80's highjinx sitcoms. Except I like how this wasn't one of those house parties with lots of (underage) alcohol, but actual FOOD! I wish I could go to a party like that. The song isn't bad either.

7. The Bloody Hollies
Fine, fine punk. (No video, unfortunately.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home