Sunday, August 06, 2006

On those nights you're feeling blue

you pop in that music you normally consider too gay, and you enjoy it. I forgot to mention a week or two ago that my new French Kicks cd arrived. This was the band I saw with the Futureheads, and they were really, really excellent live; but then when I heard their cd the mood had passed, and I was just like "eh." But I knew there would be a time I would get into it again, and this is one of those occassions. I'm feeling an overwhelming sense of weariness. You try and try to make things work - whether it's something big, like trying to fall in love with the kind of dude who wears a wifebeater in public, and then getting dumped by said douchebag, or whether it's something small, like just trying to get your coworkers to let loose and have a good time - or you try to wait patiently for what the Greeks called kairos, and it doesn't matter; it all falls apart in your hands.

That's when you sit back and chill and light a pipe (if you're a smoker) and pop in that old gay-ass cd, and reflect that you at least never let you down, even if you seldom knock your socks off. Well...there will be other nights to think about how you DID let yourself down, but on nights like this it's best simply to enjoy being alone. With your gay-ass music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home