Thursday, August 10, 2006

Preconceived Notions

I have a blind date tomorrow. My mom set it up, but she won't tell me anything about the person because she's afraid I'll form preconceived notions. Thus, I must be as judgmental as possible, hehe. Besides, it's not often that you get to devise elaborate theories based on nothing, and then actually have the opportunity to confirm or refute those theories

Anyways, I've formed a pretty solid idea, gathered from a few emails, a voice message, a text message, and a phone conversation - plus whatever my mom let slip out.

1. He's a rich investment banker with two older sisters.
2. He mentioned the word "pimp" (verb) loosely in relation to our set up. He writes "u" for "you" and does not employ capital letters.
3. He talks a bit like a pothead - surprising for an investment banker. Possibly gay.
4. He mentioned that he was super busy this week, so I said, "Thanks for taking the time to meet me." He said, "Oh no, it's not like that at all..." Which I thought sounded odd.

1 + 2 + 3 + 4 = any combination of the following

a. One of those type-A frat assholes you know who are highly driven in their careers (networking, etc), but who are also dedicated to cultivating a "cool" persona (like getting baked now and then).

b. Gay.

c. A mama's boy. Possibly already has a girlfriend, and he's about to elope with her, but he thought he should go on this blind date to appease the coming parental anger.

d. A relatively cool guy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

he kind of sounds kind of like this guy i work with. if he is, my vote is for A.
but i thought my coworker's personna was sort of unique so maybe i'm totally off base.

8:14 AM, August 10, 2006  
Blogger Rex said...

I'm thinking A, too.

10:45 AM, August 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I'm weird, but I didn't find 4 all that strange. However, the "u" for "you" does make me cringe, a little.

11:30 AM, August 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home