Thursday, July 27, 2006

Pros and Cons

Last night I took New Guy out with me and Butterfly to another Epsilons show. This time, unfortunately, the Epsilons were opening, and we, of course running late, missed their set. I still had fun, but I suspect it must have been quite trying for New Guy. I realize the scenario was a veritable death trap, and I do admire his fortitude for keeping his spirit up.

So here are some preliminary analyses on New Guy's potential for a relationship.

Pros:
1. He can definitely try new things and be down with what I'm down with, even if they're not his natural modus operandi.
2. He can handle the crazy/fun part of me. My mom warned me that my party-self might not be the best way to catch a man, but he seemed cool with it.
3. He did all right with the crazy/bitch part of me too. Butterfly and I inadvertently put him through the third degree when we started talking, as we're wont to do, about how much men suck. I'm sure it was rather emasculating, but he withstood it patiently.
4. He can get along with my friends.
5. He treats me like I'm Numero Uno. (He wanted to cancel his Friday plans with his bros so that he could spend time with me, and I had to be the one to remind him of the old adage.)
6. He feeds me a lot of lines, but I'm beginning to think he's sincere. For one thing, he seems completely unaware that they could even be construed as lines.

Cons:
1. Maybe a little naive? I sense quite a strong cultural gap (or SOMETHING), even though you think there wouldn't be one. After all, I dated a bona fide Swede and a Romanian emigre without much clash.
2. Potentially jealous and possessive; a bit of a machismo personality.
3. I'm totally in the driver's seat. While this has it's pluses, I think I'd rather date someone more dynamic than me.
4. We don't have much in common, except that we're both very social and like to party (which I recognize is still a substantial similarity).
5. I can't help but think that there are at least a dozen other guys out there whom I'm more compatible with. But of course, if this were true, you have to think I would have been able to work it out with one of them before now.
6. I don't like the way he kisses.

3 Comments:

Blogger GyangBang said...

A guy more dynamic than YOU? The only guys that might be more dynamic I'm going to guess are probably gay :)

Thats meant as a compliment by the way.

6:42 PM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger Rex said...

Aw, that's such a nice compliment! It made my day.

12:09 AM, July 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#6 - this can be a problem :).
Shelly

6:53 PM, July 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home