Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Gamut

Soft you day, be velvet soft,
My true love approaches,
Look you bright, you dusty sun,
Array your golden coaches.

Soft you wind, be soft as silk,
My true love is speaking.
Hold you birds, your silver throats,
His golden voice I'm seeking.

Come you death, in haste do come,
My shroud of black be weaving,
Quiet my heart, be deathly quiet,
My true love is leaving.

- Maya Angelou

This post is dedicated to Asshole #1, whom I miss all the more whenever I think I'm going to be happy without him. God, my mind is so sick.

2 Comments:

Blogger GyangBang said...

That's interesting. It reminds me of my train of thought about my bf. He's been slow on the "emotional" uptake in the relationship and I've been wondering if it's because he's actually afraid to replace his ex-gf. I think when people break up they still don't let go of the person in love or in hate for a long while b/c its so comforting to have SOME kind of feeling for the person. What happens when you stop feeling something for someone? It's like your security blanket is gone, so you keep feeling, until you let someone eventually replace them. That's just my theory anyway.

6:38 PM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger Rex said...

Your theory sounds pretty accurate. But the more important question is: how do you solve this problem? Let me know if you figure it out.

12:11 AM, July 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home